Publish With Confidence: Develop Your Career as an Author
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at pre-published fiction authors, but the information is relevant to all stages.
- It's not a gimmick promising guaranteed success and one-size-fits-all publishing strategies. Sorry, you won't find the magic bullet here (or anywhere).
- While this is most helpful to those with a finished manuscript, it's not mandatory—just know that writing craft will not be covered.
What you'll learn
- You'll be able to make an informed decision regarding which publishing path to take for your next project.
- I'll help you determine your manuscript's category, genre, and designation, i.e. a New Adult romantic suspense novel v. a YA fantasy novella.
- You'll be able to write query letters and enter pitch/250 contests with confidence.
- I'm going to show you the ropes and give you insider information on authorial netiquette—in other words, I'm going to help you avoid ticking off prospective readers, reviewers, and fellow authors.
- Speaking of which, I'm also going to give you a heads-up on things you might need to brace yourself for, i.e. trolls, pirates, taxes, etc.
- You'll gain the knowhow to avoid gimmicks and shortcuts that can really hurt your career in the long term.
- For those of you who are interested in self-publishing, I'm going to give you my personal step-by-step process and time frame.
- To complement that, I'm going to show you how to either outsource or DIY most of the necessary components, i.e. graphic design, editing, formatting, etc.
- Then I'll point out some traditional methods you can tweak to market your books (and your brand) in our ever-changing industry.
- You'll learn where and how to find a community, because you will need one. Believe me.
- Finally, you'll learn how to treat your writing career as a small business—equipping you with the right mindset to succeed!
© 2019 Carrie Butler