We’ve discussed websites a lot around here, and I’ve recommended SumoMe to every single one of you who would listen. One thing I haven't done, however, is take the time to break down exactly what it is and how it can help you. So, without further ado... .
What is SumoMe?
Boiled down, SumoMe is a service (the brainchild of Noah Kagan) to help you grow your website. That’s it. That’s their goal. It’s simple and effective.
Who is Noah Kagan?
Noah is one of my business crushes—right up there with Seth Godin. He’s creative, enterprising, and freakishly intelligent. But don’t just take it from me. Look at the facts:
- He’s worked for gigantic, nerd-herding companies like Microsoft, Intel, and Facebook.
- I took his Email1K course alongside S.J. Pajonas and P.K. Hrezo in October, and we're still talking about it.
- The AppSumo newsletter has over a million subscribers.
- Nearly a billion people a month see a site with SumoMe on it.
What types of apps do they offer?
Here’s a quick run-through. The descriptions belong to SumoMe:
- LIST BUILDER: Increase your daily email signups by 20%.
- HEATMAPS: See where your website visitors are clicking (or not).
- SHARE: Get more shares, on mobile, web, and everywhere.
- SCROLL BOX: A polite way to get more email signups.
- CONTENT ANALYTICS: Figure out if people are actually reading your articles/posts.
- IMAGE SHARER: Get more shares from all the images on your site.
- SMART BAR: Won't get you drunk, but it will get you more email subscribers.
- HIGHLIGHTER: Increase your content sharing significantly.
- CONTACT FORM: Make it easy for your customers to talk to you.
How much does it cost?
· All of the SumoMe Apps with basic features are 100% FREE. Forever. This route is designed for those of us with websites that barely get any traffic.
· If you’re starting to get more traffic, you might want to check out their Starter plan ($10/mo).
· If you’re a blogger with traffic coming at you from every direction, you should probably take a look at the Pro plan ($100/mo).
· If you run a media or ecommerce site with over a million hits a month, are you looking to hire a content marketer? *cough* I mean, you might want to divert your attention to the Unlimited plan (contact them for pricing).
P.S. You can buy the Pro version of any app a la carte!
Which one should I install first?
You guys know I’m pro-newsletter. (I harp about it all the livelong day.) So, I would have to go with List Builder. :)
Will you help me install List Builder?
Of course! I made a video for just such an occasion:
I love these apps. They’ve increased my subscription numbers (giving me the opportunity to create lasting, authentic relationships with my readers) and have made my life so much easier.
In fact, if you’re not using SumoMe, I would venture to say you’re making your online efforts harder than they have to be—which wastes time.
And we all know time is money.
Money, of course, buys wine.
Therefore, SumoMe = More wine! Or something like that...